The Village of Calumet, MI is seeking assistance for engineering services for the following Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program – Infrastructure Capacity Enhancement grant funded project: Elm Street Improvements.
The type of project involved is: the replacement of water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer infrastructure. Design and construction engineering services are requested.
PART ONE: SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Village of Calumet, MI is soliciting qualification statements for engineering services to assist the Village with professional engineering services in compliance with Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and CDBG requirements. The agreement will be on a cost reimbursement “not to exceed” basis, with payment terms to be negotiated with the selected Respondent. Reimbursement for services will be contingent on the Village receiving funding from the MEDC. The maximum amount of engineering fees that can be paid with CDBG funding will be determined by MEDC and may require adjustments in the proposed contract amount.
The services to be provided will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing system improvements in order to submit advertisement for bids by early January 2019, and construction engineering, including construction observation.
- Assisting the administrative consultant with the construction bid package in conformance with applicable federal requirements and supervising the bid advertising, tabulation, and award process, including preparing the advertisements for bid solicitation, conducting the bid opening, and issuing the notice to proceed.
- Assist in conducting the preconstruction conference.
- Providing reproducible plan drawings to the Village upon project completion, in both paper and electronic format.
PART TWO: REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION STATEMENTS
The following information should be included under the title “Request for Qualification Statements for engineering Services for the Elm Street Improvements Project CDBG Program”:
- Name of Respondent.
- Respondent address.
- Respondent telephone number.
- Respondent federal tax identification number.
- Name, title, address, telephone number, fax, and email address of contact person authorized to contractually obligate the Respondent.
Contents of Qualifications Submittal
Respondents should organize responses as the questions are presented herein. Interested Respondents are invited to submit qualifications that contain the following information:
- Introduction (transmittal letter).
- Background and Experience.
- Specialized Knowledge.
- Personnel/Professional Qualifications
1. Introduction (transmittal letter)
By signing the letter, the Respondent certifies that the signatory is authorized to bind the Respondent. The RFQ response should include:
- A brief statement of the Respondent’s understanding of the scope of the work to be performed;
- A certification that the Respondent meets the appropriate state licensing requirements to practice in the State of Michigan;
- A certification that the Respondent has not had a record of substandard work within the last five years;
- A certification that the Respondent has not engaged in any unethical practices within the last five years;
- A certification that, if awarded the contract, the Respondent acknowledges its complete responsibility for the entire engineering agreement, including payment of any and all charges resulting from that agreement;
- Any other information that the Respondent feels is appropriate;
- The signature of an individual who is authorized to provide information of this nature in the name of the Respondent submitting the qualifications.
2. Background and Experience
- Describe Respondent’s firm by providing its full legal name, date of establishment, type of entity and business expertise, short history, current ownership structure, and any recent or materially significant proposed change in ownership.
- Describe any prior engagements in which Respondent’s firm assisted a governmental entity in dealing with CDBG and any other federal or state funded projects, Respondent should include examples of work on similar projects as described in Part One. Preference is for the types of projects similar to those described in Part One. Respondent should provide the names, phone numbers, and email of contact person in the organizations for similar project references.
- Describe the firm’s workload and current capacity to accomplish the work in the required time.
- Describe any issue the characteristics of which would be uniquely relevant in evaluation the experience of Respondent’s firm to handle the proposed project(s) include previous experience with ICE funding and repairs.
- Describe Respondent’s firm’s presence in and commitment to Michigan.
- Provide current information on professional errors and omission coverage carried by Respondent’s firm, including amount of coverage.
- The Village of Calumet reserves the right to request any additional information to assure itself of a Respondent’s financial status.
3. Personnel/Professional Qualifications
- Identify staff members who would be assigned to act for Respondent’s firm in key management and field positions providing the services described in Part One: Scope of Services, and the functions to be performed by each.
- Include resumes or curriculum vitae of each such staff member designated above, including name, education, and years and type of experience.
- Estimate the number of persons to be assigned to this project, indicating the number working in Michigan and the number working elsewhere.
PART THREE: SELECTION CRITERIA
The Village of Calumet shall evaluate each potential contractor in terms of its:
- Professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of required services;
- Specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required;
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time;
- Past performance on contract with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules;
- Knowledge of the locality of the project and specifics of this project.
Selection will be by vote of the Calumet Village Council. The applicant with the most votes will be selected. In the event of a tie vote, the applicant(s) with the least votes will be eliminated and a second vote will be conducted with the remaining applicants. The Village of Calumet will enter in to contract negotiations with the applicant with the most votes. Unsuccessful firms will be notified as soon as possible.
Questions should be addressed to Joe Snow, Village of Calumet, at (906) 337-1713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to this RFQ should be hand delivered to: Engineering Services – Elm Street Improvements Project CDBG Program, Village of Calumet, 340 6th Street, Calumet, MI 49913.
Responses to this RFQ must be received no later than 1 p.m. on July 17, 2018.
Please state “CDBG Qualifications Statement-Engineering Services” on the cover.